Llandudno dating

21-Jun-2017 02:02

At Blaenau, the railway from Llandudno is joined by the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Railway, which continues the passenger route southwards to Porthmadog.

The historic White Lion Inn stands on the crossroads of the hamlet of Llanelian yn Rhos, just above Old Colwyn, Conwy.Little has changed since Edward Lhwyd in 1699 wrote “There are by ye church but four or five houses”; the houses though have now multiplied to eighteen.Next to the church gate is the public house, The White Lion Inn, which displays on the swinging inn sign above the door the rampant white lion of the Holland’s of Teyrdan.It was one of the Pughs of Penrhyn Old Hall that took refuge for over nine months in 1586 with his domestic chaplain, Father William Davies and others in comparative safety in one of the caves on the seaward side of the Little Orme during the Elizabethan persecution of the Queen's Catholic Subjects and during this refuge they printed in Welsh the first book ever printed in Wales - Originally a small farming community, Penrhyn Bay and Penrhynside came to rely heavily on employment in the limestone quarry, which operated extensively from the mid 1800s until quarrying ceased in 1936.However, Penrhyn Bay expanded rapidly in the 20th Century to become a desirable suburb of Llandudno, with large developments taking place in the 1930s, 1950s and 1960s.

The historic White Lion Inn stands on the crossroads of the hamlet of Llanelian yn Rhos, just above Old Colwyn, Conwy.

Little has changed since Edward Lhwyd in 1699 wrote “There are by ye church but four or five houses”; the houses though have now multiplied to eighteen.

Next to the church gate is the public house, The White Lion Inn, which displays on the swinging inn sign above the door the rampant white lion of the Holland’s of Teyrdan.

It was one of the Pughs of Penrhyn Old Hall that took refuge for over nine months in 1586 with his domestic chaplain, Father William Davies and others in comparative safety in one of the caves on the seaward side of the Little Orme during the Elizabethan persecution of the Queen's Catholic Subjects and during this refuge they printed in Welsh the first book ever printed in Wales - Originally a small farming community, Penrhyn Bay and Penrhynside came to rely heavily on employment in the limestone quarry, which operated extensively from the mid 1800s until quarrying ceased in 1936.

However, Penrhyn Bay expanded rapidly in the 20th Century to become a desirable suburb of Llandudno, with large developments taking place in the 1930s, 1950s and 1960s.

The Conwy is joined near Betws-y-coed by two major tributaries.